Burgundy Wine Dinner The Gift of Nature, the Quintessential Terroir of France: Burgundy.
Friday, September 4, 2015 | 6:30PM
$175.00 per person plus tax
Limited to 14 guests
About 200 million years ago, the region was part of a vast, tropical sea which created limestone soils, the secret behind the zesty minerality that is a hallmark of Burgundy wines.
To the ‘vignerons” (winemakers/ growers), Burgundy is not only the original home of the Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Gamay grapes they are famous for, but also the site of the "terroir" that best expresses their character – elegant, aromatic, complex, and highly enjoyable.
Join us for a multi-course dinner of the region’s edible delights. Slurp escargot, and let us transport your sense of smell with Burgundy’s elegant, aromatic, and complex wines.
- Stuzzichini: Gougeres
- A & P de Villaine, "Bouzeron" Aligote 2009
- First Course: Red wine poached egg w/ bacon, mushroom and toast
- Domaine de la Bongran, Jean Thevenet "Cuvee Tradition" Viré-Clessé 2002
- Second Course: Pig’s head stuffed with fennel and apple
- Bernard Moreau "Morgeot"Chassagne-Montrachet 1er cru 'Les Vergers' 2010
- Third Course: Black Garlic bucatini w/Snails and porchini
- Maison Leroy, Bourgogne Rouge 2000 side by side with a very special cellar selection.
- Fourth Course: Roast Chicken fricassee with roasted potato and haricot vert
- Foillard Fleurie 2011
- Fifth Course: Warm Apple tarte tatin with Vanilla Ice cream
- Kir Royal